About Willow Lake The lake is over 2 acres in size, set in a further 8 acres of meadows.
The lake is virtually snag free, but we recommend a minimum of 15lb breaking strain line. We enforce a BARBLESS OR MICRO BARB HOOK policy. The fishery is ideally suited for 3 anglers but there are 4 swims if you require 4 people to fish .
Boats & Night Fishing
- No plastic baits to be used
- Please use a minimum of 15lb breaking strain line
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only
- No fixed leads (drop off system only)
- DO NOT leave your rods unattended
- Bait boats are allowed
- No sacking of fish
- Unhooking mats (provided by us) MUST be used at all times
- Please kneel when taking photos of fish, do not stand
- No fires around lake
- No swimming in the lake
- No rubbish or discarded line to be left around the lake
When the lake was drained in Spring 2002 the fish stock was mainly small fish of various species. These were removed and given to a local fish farmer. Once the lake was de-silted and limed, the sluice gate closed, the lake quickly filled. In the Winter of 2002 the lake was stocked with 45 carp between 16lb-28lb plus 5 carp between 29-33lb. In December 2003 a further 39 carp to 28lbs, plus 9 grass carp to 25lbs and some pike. The total stock is now well over 80 fish. Two mirrors of 42lbs & 44lbs were added in February 2005 with an additional 6 carp between 35-38lbs. This will be added to in the coming months.